Monday, October 31, 2011

NanNoWriMo

I think I may be nuts, I am going to attempt to write a novel, or 50,000 words, in a month.  Yes, I will be participating in NaNoWriMo this year.  I've heard about it every year but have never really thought about joining in until this year.  I have a friend who has started up a Christian Creative Writers Forum and for some reason that reminded me about my love of writing.

Up until now I have enjoyed posting occasional blogs here, and I will still continue to enjoy it.  But I don't feel like I am pushing myself in writing.  It isn't necessarily a life long dream to be a professional writer, but it is something that I always thought would be cool.  To get paid to write and to have people actually look forward to the stories I have to tell.

As with running, I needed a set way to challenge myself.  NaNoWriMo is the perfect opportunity and I actually have a story bouncing around in my head.  I will be using my sarcasm to its full extent for this story, but I will also be writing as if I was the main character achieving her goals.






No comments: