Thursday, January 5, 2012

Magazine Diets

I'm kind of proud of myself right now.  I've been following a diet plan from Fitness Magazine since Monday.  This means that I have been prepping my lunches the night before while cooking dinner for Mr. Badango and myself.  While prepping the lunches I have also been making my breakfast for the next morning as well.  I'm following the recipes presented in the magazine and they have all tasted pretty good.  I haven't been hungry at all.

 Fitness Magazine, January 2012 Issue

The front cover of the magazine claims that I will lose 10 lbs this month if I follow the plan.  I'm not holding my breath that I will actually lose the full 10 lbs, but if I can lose anything between 5 and 10 pounds I will be ecstatic.  I think I have figured out that I am good at following these "Magazine" Diets that promise big results, as long as the food intake is reasonable.  If Fitness Magazine doesn't have another promising diet in its next issue that I can follow in February then I will have to scour the news stands for a different magazine with one of the promising diets.

The workout routine that is included in this months Magazine Diet is difficult, but I can already feel it getting easier after the second time around.  The only exercise that I really don't like is the crab walk.  You know, the exercise where you are face up with your hands behind you and your feet under you and you walk like a crab.  Well, every time I do this exercise, in the two times I have done it, I realize exactly how big I am.  The first time I did it I found myself face to face with my fat pooch.  When I did it tonight I looked in the mirror at the gym and just saw a big tummy.  I guess those images are pretty good motivation to keep up with this Magazine Diet.

The more that I think about it, the more I think I may try to do a year of Magazine Diets. Every month I will try something different, as long as it promotes healthy eating, and the recipes don't look too ridiculous to make up ahead of time so I'm not cooking like a mad woman every night.




1 comment:

Minnesota Mazzio's said...

We are so alike. I love reading Women
s day for their diets... I usually do well for a couple of weeks and then get bored. Maybe I will join you in the magazine diets?

casey