Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sometimes a break is needed

Thirty four days ago I joined a 50 day challenge and have been consistently meeting the challenge every day for those 34 days.  At this point I feel like I really can't fail at it.  The thing is, my body is rebelling and teling me that I need a break.  The past couple of days my food intake has been more and more unhealthy.  Not super unhealthy, but  I have been a lot more lax.  I have still been tracking my food and exercising, but it all culminated to today.

 My husband worked from 11am to 7 pm today.  I slept in until he had to leave for work then proceeded to sit on the couch and knit and read and watch tv until he got home around 8 pm.  I didn't bother to get up and do my 30DS dvd and I also snacked on the pastries he had brought home from work last night.  I didn't feel like I was eating too horribly calorie wise, but I really didn't care to track my food and find out.  I was also trying to figure out what type of slacker exercise I was going to do just so I could actually accomplish the challenge for today.

 I decided to track my food while we were driving to dinner for sushi and was glad to find out that I hadn't done too badly and I was able to control myself at the sushi place.  Then when we were leaving the restaurant hubby and I decided to go to the local shopping mall to do our usual walk around.  I counted this as my exercise for the day.

 It was a nice relaxing day.  I allowed myself to indulge and enjoy my hobby.  I didn't stress out about pushing my body and I ate the pastries I enjoy the most.  And at the end of the night I was able to say no when hubby offered me more pastries.  I also didn't allow myself to go full blown on a binge today.  I just didn't want to push my stomach to the point of being sick.

 I guess after spending 34 days focusing on exercise and tracking everything I eat, this whole healthier lifestyle thing is becoming habit and something I don't want to give up on, no matter how much I want to lax off and just be lazy.

 So I guess what I'm saying is sometimes we all need to give ourselves a break and trust that this lifestyle change that we have been working so hard on won't let us turn too far from it.  After all, the alternative to living a healthy lifestyle doesn't seem very pleasant to me.  I rather like the fact that I can climb up the two flights of stairs to our apartment without wheezing and push myself to run faster and faster during my lunch hour without being too sore to walk the next day.

No comments: