Saturday, December 19, 2009

Broken Needle and the Cantankerous Scarf

I believe that I have posted about my brother's scarf before. The one that I probably couldn't have chosen anything more difficult to make. Not only is this scarf double knit, but it is also made out of black yarn which means it is difficult to tell the difference between the two sides. If this weren't enough I am making it out of Paton's Bamboo Silk. I've been able to charge through the scarf and am actually enjoying the pattern. I wish I had started it earlier so I wouldn't be stressed about finishing it in time for Christmas day.

While I've been stressed to finish this scarf I woke up one morning and put it back in my knitting bag. I then looked at my bed where the project had been laying and I saw this...
Yup, my Knit Picks needles fell off the base. Grr! So I sent a message to Knit Picks customer service and they immediately responded and have shipped a replacement to me. In the mean time I am borrowing a set from one of the wonderful ladies in my knitting group.

I think this scarf is a reflection on the year that my brother has gone through. Not stuff that I want to talk about online, but this isn't the most difficult thing my brother has presented this year.

On to happier news, I am almost done with my wonderful sister-in-laws hats. I just need to think up a little pattern for neck warmers and get some buttons for the neck warmers. Should be fun. I hope I can get it all done by Christmas.

While on Ravelry I found out about this cool Etsy shop that sells a sampler box once a month. You can check them out at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/phatfiber. I tried to get the sampler box last month but was unsuccessful. I'm happy to say that I was successful this month and can't wait to receive my box in the mail.

I have also been enjoying receiving my orders from Loopy Ewe (http://www.loopyewe.com/) They have such a huge selection of yarn and fiber! I can't keep myself off of the site. I need to stop going on there and shopping. Well at least for a little while, until I can knit up all of the lovely yarn I bought.

Off to bed I go so I can rest up and hopefully beat getting sick before I head up to my parents this time. It seems like a curse, every time I go to see them I get sick before I go up and am sick the whole time I'm there. It sucks!

Merry Christmas everyone! and if I don't post again before then, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]mAjjjmTprRKlg[/url] , MliKVESc , http://iluubcb.com