Thursday, December 3, 2009

I guess I'll blog...

I've never been good at keeping a diary and of course am horrible about keeping up on a blog. I keep thinking about things I want to write about, like how much I'm enjoying knitting my brother's Christmas present, but then I just don't want to take the time to write a whole blog about it. Why don't I take the time to write the blog? Well because I'm too busy hanging out on Ravelry or knitting.

I finally finished the Never Ending Scarf a little over a month ago. DBF's sister loved it and I hope to see her wearing it in the near future with some sort of embellishment of her choice.

My brother's scarf has been amazing to work on. I had to teach myself how to double knit with it. Let me just say that double knitting with black yarn for my first project probably wasn't the best idea, but the scarf is turning out amazing. I may have to keep it for myself if he doesn't show enough interest in it.

I finished my first hat this last week. It is meant to be a gift for Christmas but I might keep it for myself because it looks that cute on me and it is rare that I like a hat on me. Plus I made it for my sister-in-law and I found out after making it that she doesn't really want a black hat. And I bought a bunch of yarn from the Loopy Ewe to make her some different hats and scarves for Christmas. I added a bead to the black hat tonight. Not sure if I like it. Judge for yourself. The top pic is with the bead and the bottom pic is without.


I don't think there is much else going on. Just gearing up for the holidays and trying to get over this stupid cold before DBFs birthday this weekend.

No comments: