Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas is coming!

I'm home at my parents and about to enjoy a week and a half off of work! I don't have to be back until the new year! I know it is going to be really hard to go back when the time comes but I think I will be ready too.

I flew on the airplane tonight to get here and I knitted the whole way, also while I was waiting in the airport. My plane was actually on time for once, unlike last years debacle of being delayed two hours then having to taxi back to the runway because of the idiot talking about planting bombs. I was actually a little disappointed. I was expecting a delay and thus more time to work on my brothers scarf in the airport. As it is I think I will be wrapping it up, unfinished, with a giant hershey kiss and a note saying to be continued. then I could atleast get his opinion on how long he wants the damn, I mean amazing scarf to be.

I am also working on a neckwarmer for my sister-in-law and want to make one more than the one I'm working on. She isn't really expecting me to have anything done for her yet so I know she will patiently wait for everything to be done, but if I play my cards right I will have it all completed for her by the time I head back down to my home in So Cal next Tuesday.

I was able to order a box of samples from Phat Fiber last Friday and was shocked to find the box in my cottage on Monday. I am still flabergasted at how fast it was shipped to me. I am also extremely excited about all of the samples in the box. It was hard to pack on Monday because I wanted to play with all of the new fiber and yarn that I received. But it will have to wait until I go back down next week, at which point I will definitely be spinning some yarn from the fibers I received and thinking of cool things to do with the nifty yarn samples I received. I am already scoping out all of the cool stitch markers found at Yarn Demon after admiring the amazingly cute stitch marker that was included in my sampler box.

Okay, off to bed because I have to wake up in like 6 hours to take my mom to work so I can have a vehicle to use tomorrow.

No comments: