Sunday, December 27, 2009

2010 Goals

I swear that I have started and stopped this blog like 10 times in the past week. I wanted to write this wonderful blog reflecting on this past year and looking forward to next year, but I just can't seem to find the right words when I'm sitting in front of my computer. So here goes...

This last year has been an interesting year. There has been a lot of good and bad during this year. It started out a little rough with my Great Aunt Shirley passing away, but then my wonderful nephew was born. I really got into my hobby of knitting while dealing with an abnormal biopsy of a mole that my dermatologist removed and abandoned my fitness routine. There are things that happened during this past year that will alter the path that my life was going prior to the years start and it is a little scary facing what those changes will bring but I know that with God and my family by my side it will all work out somehow.

Looking to this next year there is a lot to look forward to. Definitely a deepening in my relationship with Brian as well as just experiencing a fresh new year and decade. I look forward to the opportunities this year will be bringing. It is a big year birthday wise, my nephew will be turning 1, me 25 and my Grandma will be 80. Kind of amazing how it all lands in the same year.

I don't like to make resolutions every year, but I do have some goals for 2010. Some of these goals relate to knitting and some are just goals that I continue to make every year.

My goals for this next year:

1) Learn to knit socks
2) Blog more frequently
3) Learn to knit cables
4) Keep my place cleaned up
5) Knit a sweater
6) Go cash only and don’t pull money out of savings

I also want to get back to eating healthier and get into a fitness routine again, finding a balance between my knitting addiction and being in good shape.

Speaking of knitting addiction...I spun some of the fiber from my Phat Fiber Sampler Box tonight. The great thing about this box is that I feel like the fiber is great for me to practice with. I only spent $33 for the whole box and I got a lot of fiber in the box that I can spin. I may end up just spinning all of it for practice in trying to master the drop spindle technique then knitting it up into a little square or something. The fiber I used tonight was from Desired Haven Farm and the colorway was called Nebula. The colors were gorgeous and I really wish that my spinning was better. I may see about unspinning the whole thing and just trying again. I just can't seem to get my yarn to thin out when I'm using the drop spindle so my yarn ends up being the size of superbulky before I even ply it with anything else. I guess that is why I've heard that you really need to practice consistently to be good at using the drop spindle.

Happy New Year Everyone! Maybe I'll post pictures of my spinning failure some other time.

No comments: