Monday, April 23, 2012

The 17 (5) Day Diet


Last week I talked about trying The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno.  In concept the plan presented in the book is a great idea.  Cut out all of the sugar and the carbs for 17 days and then start introducing the healthy sugar and carbs during the next 34 days. 

Great concept, I just couldn't follow through on the first 17 days.  It wasn't that I was craving sugar and carbs, I just could not manage to get enough calories into my day, or have a balanced diet.  I was taking a nap every afternoon and my energy was just completely drained. 

By the time that Saturday rolled around I knew that I just couldn't keep it up.  I was enjoying the rapid weight loss (3.3 Pounds), but I was also missing the energy levels from before I started the eating plan.

I am thinking about trying it again next month, and maybe even taking 3-5 days every month to eat only food from the first cycle.  It will help to keep my body moving and motivate me with a big loss every month. 

I guess in summary, if you can make it work for you then do it.  The foods are healthy and his final eating plan in Stage 4 is what maintaining your weight should be all about and is my ultimate goal for how my diet looks.

No comments: