Monday, April 16, 2012

The Great Debate

I have been happy living my healthy lifestyle. I've been somewhat happy with the rate of my weight loss. And I know that it is a lifestyle change and eventually my body will catch up. The thing is, sometimes I get tired of waiting for eventually to happen. I get tired of the fact that it is taking me over two months to lose 5 pounds. I would love it if I was actually losing a pound a week, but I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with whatever weight I am losing, but I wish it was more and I get jealous when other people talk about how fast they have lost their weight.

I also remind myself A LOT that this is a journey and a complete lifestyle change, but when my dad introduced me to The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno I was a little intrigued. The food is basically the same as what I've been eating, just fewer fruits and more veggies which I've been wanting to do anyways. It also cuts out grains for the first 17 days, that part I'm not too enthused about because I feel like those are a necessary part of any diet. I'm also not too enthused about the fact that he discourages any exercise beyond a 17 minute walk every day. I'm going to ignore that bit of advice and exercise as much as my body will allow.

I guess my debate is with myself and why the sudden change and doing something for rapid results. Mr. Badango had the same question tonight when we were discussing what I was cooking for dinner. He told me that I was already eating healthy and he doesn't understand why I am now following another diet plan. I explained to him that this is basically the same diet I have been following, just a little bit more restricted. He didn't get it until I told him that I'm doing it because my parents wanted me to try it.

And maybe that is my answer. I am trying this program because my parents are worried and want to see me be able to drop the weight as quickly as possible. If I can ease their minds a bit by at least trying this diet plan then I will do that. My only hope is that I don't undo any of the hard work I have already been doing. I feel that I am finally at the point that my metabolism is kicking into gear. It would suck to screw it up again.

No comments: