Monday, April 9, 2012

Going to Canada

Mr. Badango and I booked our flight to Canada last night. We will be going for a week this summer. I am excited to see a whole other country and to get to meet the rest of his family.

The problem is that reality set in tonight that I won't have access to my cell phone while we are there. That is seven days without Facebook, My Fitness Pal and Ravelry. 7 days without the ability to read the blogs I follow. Needless to say, I'm panicking. And I know how ridiculous it is that I am panicking. It is only 7 days after all. All of those websites will still be there when I get back. I have been aiming toward the healthy lifestyle long enough that a week off of my tracking website won't mean disaster.

I need to shift my focus from the inability to use my phone for all that I do to all of the new experiences I will be enjoying. Maybe this is what I need to help me unplug and focus on the important things in life.

I will miss having google at my fingertips though. I think that is what I will miss the most.

No comments: